Applications for obtaining citizenship of the Republic of Moldova can be submitted at all multifunctional centers in the country.
Due to the events in Ukraine, in the period of 2022, a significant increase in the number of applicants for Moldovan citizenship was recorded.
According to the data of the State Population Register, compared to 2021, in 2022 the number of applications for citizenship of the Republic of Moldova increased from 7168 to 10799.
In these circumstances, it was decided that citizens can apply for obtaining and recovery the citizenship of the Republic of Moldova in all the multifunctional centers of the country and Chisinau. Previously, regarding the municipality of Chisinau, applications could only be submitted at the Citizenship Section of the Public Services Agency at 42 Pușkin Street.
Thus, starting from January 3, 2023, the multifunctional centers of the municipality of Chisinau will offer a full range of services related to obtaining citizenship, and will directly receive applications for:
• acquiring the citizenship of the Republic of Moldova through recognition;
• acquiring the citizenship of the Republic of Moldova through naturalization;
• recovery of Moldovan citizenship;
• cancellation of the Decree or a part of the Decree of the President of the Republic of Moldova regarding the approval of the renunciation of the citizenship of the Republic of Moldova;
• determination of citizenship of the Republic of Moldova;
• Issuance of the certificates regarding the belonging or non-belonging of persons to the citizenship of the Republic of Moldova.
In case you need the consultation of a immigration attorney, our office will be happy to help you in this regard. Please do not hesitate to contact us.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.